Madison Teaching and Learning Excellence helps early-career faculty succeed with personalized support from a cross-disciplinary community of peers and teaching and learning experts.
The MTLE program can help faculty in your department:
- Stay focused on career priorities like research, outreach, and service
- Become more efficient with their teaching preparation and delivery
- Connect quickly with UW’s teaching and learning resources
- Become more effective at inspiring and facilitating student learning
- Gain confidence and a sense of accomplishment in the classroom
A small weekly investment of time over two semesters can result in short-term and long-terms benefits for early-career faculty and for your department.
- 100% of MTLE alumni who have gone up for tenure have received tenure
- 89% of program alumni report being more efficient with their teaching
- 75% of program alumni agree their tenure case is stronger as a result of MTLE
- 94% of program alumni report being more confident in their teaching
- 94% of program alumni report they can access teaching resources more efficiently
Sustained engagement (Chism, Holley, & Harris, 2012; Connolly, Savoy, Lee, & Hill, 2016) in professional development programs – like MTLE – has been shown to have a positive impact on teaching practices and student learning.
Designed with early-career faculty in mind, the MTLE curriculum engages fellows with evidence-based teaching and learning practices they can apply directly to their teaching in real time.
Meet Our Team
As experts in teaching and learning, MTLE educators will partner with early-career faculty to enhance student learning in their courses and help faculty apply their disciplinary expertise to their teaching. We have a four-person team with two full-time staff and two faculty co-directors.